Primarily tasked to establish and maintain a system of processes which will produce timely and accurate audit reports. The Internal Audit Analyst shall conduct spot audits, financial and operational audits of the company to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, the compliance in applicable laws and regulations and the safeguarding of assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares Monthly Audit Plan every last week of the month
- Identifies Weekly Internal Audit tasks; defining assignments and timelines for completion for each task and main activities, personnel or department involved, and reporting results of audit/review to the management through accomplishment of the Executive Summary of the Audit Department.
- Develops audit scope and audit strategy for financial and operational audit necessary to promote effective audit coverage for the team's achievement of audit plan.
- Designs audit programs to assess the effectiveness, efficiency, and establishment of control.
- Prepares a weekly audit observation sheet per audit of the assigned department
- Prepares final audit observation and recommendation and internal control questionnaires per audit of the assigned department
- Reviews existing policies and procedures to (1) ensure that proper controls have been defined, (2) evaluate that effectiveness is being in place, (3) determine adherence and compliance, (4) establish common policies and procedures applied to the company and all affiliates, (5) review the suitability of internal control design applicable to the company and each affiliate, and (6) perform the necessary disciplinary action as the need arises
- Assists the department in-charge in composing policies and procedures as necessary; ensuring the appropriateness to the process and proper control will be in place
- Conducts internal control evaluation and risk assessment to identify areas requiring management intervention to prevent fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation, misuse and wastage and ensure that objectives of the organization are achieved economically, efficiently and effectively.
- Prepares special reports when asked by management on various aspects of financial management and operations, including asset management and security, financial reporting, decision support systems, management information systems and the like.
- Reviews the periodic financial reports; analyses operational performance and financial position for the period; identifies areas for improvement, and coordinates suggestions and comments to the concerned personnel or department. Communicate to the management the results of the review and the recommendations for improvement though accomplishment of the Executive Summary Report.
- Reviews report to ensure correctness of data prior to approval of management
Coordinates coverage with the external auditors on the concerned areas of the company
Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least one (1) year experience in general accounting and audit
- With updated knowledge and experience in government reports and accounting standards
- Knowledgeable in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Proficient in basic computer software applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc)
- Preferably has knowledge in accounting software (Netsuite, SAP, Quickbooks)
- Has strong analytical skills; able to analyse financial data and prepare financial statements, reports and budget