Responsible for supervising the day-to-day accounting operations of the assigned entities. Implements focused efforts in monitoring the company's compliance with the regulatory requirements. Monitors and complies with internal and external deadlines. Provides relevant and timely information to management in the form of reports and financial statements. Handles cash receipts, cash disbursements, intercompany transactions. Performs review of documents (relating to Accounting and Finance) transmitted to the management and Office of the Chairman and makes recommendations. Performs audit and review of the transactions and processes as may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the month-end closing and month-end adjusting journal entries, review general ledger account balances for errors, mispostings/misclassifications, double entries and other unreasonable movements and propose adjustments entries to Immediate Supervisor for approval; obtain and review necessary reports and schedules from staff necessary to support financial statement analysis.
- Prepare the financial statements for checking of the Immediate Supervisor and present to management monthly/quarterly/annually as needed.
- Aids management in planning and decision making by providing financial analysis.
- Prepare reports and analysis that may be needed from time to time.
- Monitor compliance with the regulatory filing and payment deadlines to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and other government agencies (VAT Returns, EWT Returns, and Annual Tax Returns)
- Supervises the day-to-day accounting operations of the assigned entities
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in the accounting system accurately and completely
- Review all check vouchers
- Ensure that all payments are made in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures
- Review semi-monthly payroll computation of the affiliates.
- Prepare a cash position report of the assigned entities
- Monitor investment cost of projects undertaken by the assigned entities or other projects assigned to be monitored
- Develop accounting policies and procedures that will be the work guide of accounting department employees
- Keep adept of changes and developments in tax rules and regulations
- Maintain confidentiality of information for which has access
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant
- At least 3 years proven experience in general accounting (billing and collection, accounts payable, financial statutory and reporting and tax and compliance)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Proficient with the use of basic computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge in accounting software is preferred
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial statements, reports and budgets
- Willing to work in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.